- 1 Is the Christian Science Monitor religious?
- 2 Do Christian Scientists go to the doctor?
- 3 Who founded the Christian Science Monitor?
- 4 What is the Church of Christian Scientist?
- 5 What are the 5 basic beliefs of Christianity?
- 6 What will be the largest religion in 2050?
- 7 What is it called when you believe in God but not religious?
- 8 What church is true?
- 9 What religion does not allow surgery?
- 10 Do all Christians believe in the Trinity?
Is the Christian Science Monitor religious?
Despite its name, the Monitor is not a religious -themed paper, and does not promote the doctrine of its patron church. However, at its founder Eddy’s request, a daily religious article has appeared near the end of every issue of the Monitor.
Do Christian Scientists go to the doctor?
The church does not require that Christian Scientists avoid all medical care—adherents use dentists, optometrists, obstetricians, physicians for broken bones, and vaccination when required by law—but maintains that Christian Science prayer is most effective when not combined with medicine.
Who founded the Christian Science Monitor?
For more about Mary Baker Eddy, the pioneering woman who founded the Monitor, see The Mary Baker Eddy Library for the Betterment of Humanity at www.marybakereddylibrary.org. Visit www.christianscience.com for information about Christian Science and our publisher, The First Church of Christ, Scientist.
What is the Church of Christian Scientist?
The church was founded “to commemorate the word and works of [ Christ Jesus]” and “reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing”.
|Church of Christ, Scientist|
|Scripture||Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures and Bible|
|Founder||Mary Baker Eddy|
What are the 5 basic beliefs of Christianity?
Belief in God the Father, Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit. The death, descent into hell, resurrection and ascension of Christ. The holiness of the Church and the communion of saints. Christ’s second coming, the Day of Judgement and salvation of the faithful.
What will be the largest religion in 2050?
And according to a 2012 Pew Research Center survey, within the next four decades, Christians will remain the world’s largest religion; if current trends continue, by 2050 the number of Christians will reach 2.9 billion (or 31.4%).
What is it called when you believe in God but not religious?
Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable. Another definition provided is the view that “human reason is incapable of providing sufficient rational grounds to justify either the belief that God exists or the belief that God does not exist.”
What church is true?
The Catholic Church teaches that Christ set up only ” one true Church “, and that this Church of Christ is and subsists only in the Catholic Church. From this follows that it regards itself as “the universal sacrament of salvation for the human race” and the only true religion.
What religion does not allow surgery?
- Jehovah’s Witnesses refuse blood transfusion.
- Christian Scientists refuse most medical treatment. Instead they rely on the healing prayers of Christian Scientist Practitioners.
- The Faith Tabernacle Congregation in Altoona, PA believes that disease is caused by the devil.
Do all Christians believe in the Trinity?
The doctrine of the Trinity, as held in mainstream Christianity, is not present in the other major Abrahamic religions.