- 1 What does the word definite mean?
- 2 What does Definite and indefinite mean?
- 3 What does definite answer mean?
- 4 What does no definite mean?
- 5 What is another word for definite?
- 6 Does indefinitely mean forever?
- 7 What are the 4 definite articles?
- 8 What does indefinite life mean?
- 9 What is indefinite article and example?
- 10 What does definitively mean?
- 11 How do you use definite in a sentence?
- 12 What type of word is always and never?
- 13 What is a definite sentence?
- 14 What is definite structure?
- 15 What does vague mean?
What does the word definite mean?
1: having certain or distinct limits a definite period of time. 2: clear in meaning a definite answer. 3: unquestionable Your grades show a definite improvement.
What does Definite and indefinite mean?
In English there are three articles: a, an, and the. The definite article (the) is used before a noun to indicate that the identity of the noun is known to the reader. The indefinite article (a, an) is used before a noun that is general or when its identity is not known.
What does definite answer mean?
A definitive answer is a final one. A definitive decision by a court of law is one that will not be changed. A definitive translation is one everyone turns to as correct. Definitive means authoritative, conclusive, final.
What does no definite mean?
1 adj If something such as a decision or an arrangement is definite, it is firm and clear, and unlikely to be changed. It’s too soon to give a definite answer, Her Royal Highness has definite views about most things, She made no definite plans for her future.
What is another word for definite?
Definite Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus. What is another word for definite?
Does indefinitely mean forever?
As adverbs the difference between indefinitely and forever is that indefinitely is for a long time, no end defined while forever is (duration) for all time, for all eternity; for an infinite amount of time.
What are the 4 definite articles?
- In English, there is only one definite article: the. In Spanish, you have to choose between four definite articles: el, la, los and las.
- In Spanish, all nouns (including words for things) are either masculine or feminine – this is called their gender. And just as in English they can also be either singular or plural.
What does indefinite life mean?
Definition: The indefinite useful life of an asset means that the asset’s usefulness to the business is not limited by age, legal or regulatory obligations, contracts, or any other factory. In other words, the asset will last forever. It cannot be worn out and cannot be fully used up.
What is indefinite article and example?
: the word a or an used in English to refer to a person or thing that is not identified or specified In “I gave a book to the boy” the word “a” is an indefinite article and the word “the” is a definite article.
What does definitively mean?
Definitively is a stronger word — anything definitive is official or conclusive. If a doctor gives you a definitive diagnosis, you know exactly what’s wrong. It’s not a promise that something will happen; it’s a done deal.
How do you use definite in a sentence?
English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families The Word ” Definite ” in Example Sentences Page 1
- [S] [T] Give me a definite answer. (
- [S] [T] We can’t protect Tom indefinitely. (
- [S] [T] The game has been indefinitely postponed. (
- [S] [T] I couldn’t get a definite answer from him. (
What type of word is always and never?
Always and never are adverbs of frequency. The phrase all the time is a noun phrase.
What is a definite sentence?
TheLaw.com Law Dictionary & Black’s Law Dictionary 2nd Ed. A sentence clearly set forth by law for a period of time that is not modifiable of subject to the discretion of the judge.
What is definite structure?
1: something (as an anatomical part) arranged in a definite pattern of organization. 2a: the arrangement of particles or parts in a substance or body molecular structure.
What does vague mean?
1a: not clearly expressed: stated in indefinite terms vague accusations. b: not having a precise meaning a vague term of abuse. 2a: not clearly defined, grasped, or understood: indistinct only a vague notion of what’s needed also: slight a vague hint of a thickening waistline hasn’t the vaguest idea.