- 1 What does the word solution mean?
- 2 What is solution give example?
- 3 How do you describe a solution?
- 4 What is a solution in Science Grade 6?
- 5 What is the definition of dissolve?
- 6 What is theme mean?
- 7 What are 2 examples of a solution?
- 8 What is solution and its type?
- 9 What are the 9 types of solutions?
- 10 What are the four ways to describe a solution?
- 11 How do you describe a solution list down your answers?
- 12 How do you classify this solution?
- 13 What are the 3 types of solutions?
- 14 What is mixture in science for Class 6?
- 15 What are mixtures Grade 6?
What does the word solution mean?
1a: an action or process of solving a problem. b: an answer to a problem: explanation specifically: a set of values of the variables that satisfies an equation.
What is solution give example?
A solution is a homogeneous mixture of two or more components in which the particle size is smaller than 1 nm. Common examples of solutions are the sugar in water and salt in water solutions, soda water, etc. In a solution, all the components appear as a single phase.
How do you describe a solution?
A solution consists of two or more substances dissolved in a liquid form. Not to get confused with a mixture, which is heterogeneous–multiple substances exist in varying structures– solutions are homogenous, which means that atoms of the solute are evenly dispersed throughout the solvent (ex. water, ethanol).
What is a solution in Science Grade 6?
solution: A homogenous mixture formed by the dissolution of a liquid, solid or gas in a liquid. solvent: The liquid in which the solute disappears. The water is the solvent in a salt- water solution.
What is the definition of dissolve?
1: to cause to pass into solution dissolve sugar in water. 2: to cause to melt or liquefy. intransitive verb. 1: to become fluid. 2: to pass into solution.
What is theme mean?
1a: a subject or topic of discourse or of artistic representation guilt and punishment is the theme of the story. b: a specific and distinctive quality, characteristic, or concern the campaign has lacked a theme. 2: a melodic subject of a musical composition or movement.
What are 2 examples of a solution?
Some examples of solutions are salt water, rubbing alcohol, and sugar dissolved in water. When you look closely, upon mixing salt with water, you can’t see the salt particles anymore, making this a homogeneous mixture. Let’s make use of our salt water example to talk about the two main parts of a solution.
What is solution and its type?
A solution is a homogeneous mixture of solvent and solute molecules. A solution can be liquid, solid, or gaseous. Further, a solution can be a mixture of liquids, gases and solids. In some cases, like seawater, the solution consists of a great many different types of solutes, like salts, oxygen, and organic molecules.
What are the 9 types of solutions?
Terms in this set (9)
- Solid Solute (Liquid) vinegar.
- Liquid Solute (Liquid) Salt water.
- Gas Solute (Liquid) Soft drink.
- Solid Solute (Gas) Mothballs.
- Liquid (Gas) humidity.
- Gas Solute (Gas) air.
- Solid Solute (Solid) gold-silver.
- Liquid Solute (Solid) dental filings.
What are the four ways to describe a solution?
The four most common ways to describe solution composition are mass percent, mole fraction, molarity, and molality. Define each of these solution composition terms.
How do you describe a solution list down your answers?
- A solution is a homogeneous mixture of one or more solutes dissolved in a solvent.
- Type of mixture that contains 2 or more substances that is evenly distributed.
- It is composed of only one phase.
- A Solution cannot be separated through filtration.
How do you classify this solution?
Solutions can be classified into 2 types on the basis of whether the solution is water or not, Aqueous Solution:- The solution in which any state of homogeneous compound completely dissolves in water, in which water acts as a solvent. Examples of this kind of solution are sugar/ salt in water, carbon dioxide in water.
What are the 3 types of solutions?
A solution can be categorized into several components. On the basis of physical states of solvent and solute can be categorized as solid, liquid and gaseous solutions.
What is mixture in science for Class 6?
|Type of mixture||Example|
|(i) A heterogeneous solid-liquid mixture||Muddy water|
|(ii) A heterogeneous solid mixture||Bran and flour|
|(iii) A heterogeneous solid mixture that contains one soluble constituent||Sand and salt|
|(iv) A heterogeneous liquid mixture||Oil and water|
What are mixtures Grade 6?
V – Mixture – two or more different substances mixed together in any amount. – A mixture can be separated into its different parts. – Solid and Liquid Mixtures of solids and liquids can be difficult to separate as they can form a new substance. e.g. water and flour are near impossible to separate.