- 1 What can I do with a bachelors in political science?
- 2 What is the highest paying job in political science?
- 3 Do political science majors make a lot money?
- 4 What major goes well with political science?
- 5 Is political science a bad major?
- 6 What are the 4 fields of political science?
- 7 Is political science hard?
- 8 Is there a demand for political science majors?
- 9 Are political science majors smart?
- 10 How can I make the most money with a political science degree?
- 11 Are political scientists happy?
- 12 Is it worth getting a PhD in political science?
- 13 What is the most useless degree?
- 14 Is political science an easy major?
- 15 What’s a good minor for political science major?
What can I do with a bachelors in political science?
According to political science career experts, each of the following types of careers is one where a political science degree is a plus:
- Diplomat or foreign service officer.
- Political scientist.
- Business executive.
- Political consultant.
- Government official.
What is the highest paying job in political science?
Highest-Paying Jobs for Political Science Majors
- Political Scientist. Political science isn’t just a field of study.
- Urban and Regional Planner.
- Legislative Assistant.
- Political Consultant.
- Market Research Analyst.
Do political science majors make a lot money?
With a median income of $55,110, the pay is well above the national average. The top 10% in these careers for political science majors can earn over $102,000. Also, a master’s degree in a field in areas like research and statistics will often be required in addition to your bachelor’s in political science.
What major goes well with political science?
Learn about the top 10 political degrees that will prepare you best for a political career and find out how to choose the right degree for you.
- Public Administration.
- International Relations.
- Political Science.
- Business Administration.
- Public Policy.
- Public Health.
Is political science a bad major?
So, no, Political Science is not a bad major. You can do a lot with it outside of running for office or working in politics. It is a good field for journalism and writing because you do a lot of writing in political science. You can also go into law enforcement at all levels with it.
What are the 4 fields of political science?
The department’s instruction and research, including ongoing seminars and workshops, are framed around four traditional subfields: American politics, comparative politics, international relations, and political theory.
Is political science hard?
Studying political science is not actually hard but it’s really different from other disciplines. Some might say that the political theory courses are difficult.
Is there a demand for political science majors?
Employment of political scientists is projected to grow 6 percent from 2019 to 2029, faster than the average for all occupations. Increased demand for public policy analysis in both government and non-government organizations will support employment growth for these workers.
Are political science majors smart?
Political Science seems to require a great deal more personal analysis and assessment than other majors. It’s not necessarily a smart major, although I believe it’s a major that attracts smart people, but it’s certainly a thinking major and it requires a lot of research and dedication. But smart doesn’t matter so much.
How can I make the most money with a political science degree?
Best jobs for political science majors
- Market research analyst. National average salary: $17.39 per hour.
- Political campaign staff. National average salary: $39,141 per year.
- Intelligence analyst.
- Political consultant.
- Operations research analyst.
- Public relations specialist.
Are political scientists happy?
Political scientists rate their happiness above average. As it turns out, political scientists rate their career happiness 3.4 out of 5 stars which puts them in the top 38% of careers.
Is it worth getting a PhD in political science?
However, a PhD in political science is only essential for getting a job in universities and other research institutions. As such jobs are scarce, even undergraduates majoring in political science should not put all their eggs in one basket and should include some other more employable field in their program of study.
What is the most useless degree?
Here’s the list of the most useless degrees, as perceived by several sites.
- Advertising and public relations.
- Anthropology / Archaeology.
- Communications / Mass media.
- Criminal justice.
- Ethnic and civilization studies.
- Fashion design.
- Film, video, and photographic arts.
Is political science an easy major?
If you aren’t a reader, writer and researcher then political science will be difficult for you as it is basically all reading, researching, and writing analysis, critical, research and comparative argumentative papers. Political Science is really easy if you keep aside the nature and scope of the subject.
What’s a good minor for political science major?
If you are interested in political economy economics could be a good minor; if you want to do quantitative analysis statistics or math could be a good minor; if you are interested in the interplay between politics/governments and culture anthropology or sociology could be a good choice; if you want to write books or