- 1 What makes you passionate about data science?
- 2 Why did you choose data science as a career?
- 3 Why do you like data science?
- 4 Why do you want to study data science?
- 5 What is your motivating factor for learning data science?
- 6 What barriers are you currently facing in entering or advancing your data science career?
- 7 Is data science a stressful job?
- 8 Is data science a good career 2020?
- 9 What is the future of data science?
- 10 Is data science a fun job?
- 11 Why do masters in data science?
- 12 What is the importance of data science?
- 13 Can I learn Data Science on my own?
- 14 How do I start a data science journey?
- 15 Can I learn data science?
What makes you passionate about data science?
It may also be good to emphasise your interest in data mining and your desire to apply analytical skills to solve real-world issues. In other words, your answer should demonstrate that you are pursuing this position because you are passionate about data (as well as the company you are applying for).
Why did you choose data science as a career?
It has already been declared as the hottest job, data scientist brings in skill sets and knowledge from various backgrounds such as mathematics, statistics, Analytics, modeling, and business acumen. These skills help them to identify patterns which can help the organization to recognize new market opportunities.
Why do you like data science?
The field of data analytics helps us to achieve better results and empower everything we’re doing; We’re currently collecting so much data but we’re not making good use of it. Aside from being used in product comparison, data analysis can help us learn a great deal about different people, regions, etc.
Why do you want to study data science?
Big data. Virtually every organization has it and most want to find ways to use it to help them grow their business. Data scientists know how to use their skills in math, statistics, programming, and other related subjects to organize large data sets.
What is your motivating factor for learning data science?
In addition to job creation, another motivating factor is my love for technology and doing research. Data science career which is very experimental and involving allot of creativity job, is the perfect career path which undoubtedly match with my hobbies.
What barriers are you currently facing in entering or advancing your data science career?
Challenges Faced by a Data Scientist and How to Overcome Them?
- Misconception About the Role –
- Understanding the Right Metric and The KPI –
- Lack of Domain Knowledge –
- Setting up the Data Pipeline –
- Getting the Right Data –
- Proper Data Processing –
- Choosing the Right Algorithm –
- Communication of the Results –
Is data science a stressful job?
Data scientists typically work on data for an entire company, which means scouring through thousands of transactions all at once. “ Data science is more exciting and adventurous than stressful,” he says. “It is only stressful when you are working to pay bills, and not to solve real-world problems,” he adds.
Is data science a good career 2020?
Not only did IBM predict the demand for data scientists would surge by 28% in 2020, but the Bureau of Labor Statistics considers data science in the top 20 fastest growing occupations and has projected 31% growth over the next 10 years.
What is the future of data science?
Automated machine learning is another trend that will make significant inroads in the months ahead as it helps to transform data science with improved data management. This will drive a need for more specialized training for aspiring data scientists to help them understand and work to execute deep learning.
Is data science a fun job?
Data Science can be really fun if… Data science is a rare job where you get to do all of the cool stuff together: mathematics, coding, and research. A job where you can read a research paper in the morning, write down the algorithm in afternoon, and code it up in the evening. It is really fun!
Why do masters in data science?
With potential employers fighting over them, university graduates are now in a comfortable position, and can demand high salaries. That means that by getting a Master’s in Data Science, you are quite literally doubling your job options in the field. And beyond that, it could also pave the way for you to get a PhD.
What is the importance of data science?
Data Science enables companies to efficiently understand gigantic data from multiple sources and derive valuable insights to make smarter data -driven decisions. Data Science is widely used in various industry domains, including marketing, healthcare, finance, banking, policy work, and more.
Can I learn Data Science on my own?
I wanted to use data science and machine learning. I did a lot of online courses. And I used this learning in my own projects to practice my skills,” says Abhishek Periwal, Data Scientist at Flipkart and Mentor at Springboard. With interest, discipline and persistence, you can learn data science on your own.
How do I start a data science journey?
How to launch your data science career
- Step 0: Figure out what you need to learn.
- Step 1: Get comfortable with Python.
- Step 2: Learn data analysis, manipulation, and visualization with pandas.
- Step 3: Learn machine learning with scikit-learn.
- Step 4: Understand machine learning in more depth.
- Step 5: Keep learning and practicing.
Can I learn data science?
You will find many data scientists with a bachelor’s degree in statistics and machine learning but it is not a requirement to learn data science. However, having familiarity with the basic concepts of Math and Statistics like Linear Algebra, Calculus, Probability, etc. is important to learn data science.