- 1 What is a dependent variable in a sentence?
- 2 What is an example of a dependent?
- 3 What are some examples of independent and dependent variables in research?
- 4 What is the independent variable in science examples?
- 5 What are the 3 types of variables?
- 6 What is the dependent variable in science?
- 7 What is a basic definition of a dependent?
- 8 What are the 3 types of dependent clauses?
- 9 How do you use dependent in a sentence?
- 10 How do you explain independent and dependent variables?
- 11 What are examples of variables in research?
- 12 How do you remember independent and dependent variables?
- 13 How do you identify an independent variable?
- 14 What is a sentence for independent variable?
What is a dependent variable in a sentence?
Definition of Dependent variable. the event expected to change during a science experiment. Examples of Dependent variable in a sentence. 1. During the candle burning experiment, the height of the candle is the dependent variable.
What is an example of a dependent?
The definition of dependent is relying on someone or something else, or a clause that cannot stand alone as a sentence. An example of dependent is a child to a parent. An example of dependent is “when the rain fell.” An example of a dependent is the child of a man.
What are some examples of independent and dependent variables in research?
The dependent variable is the effect. Its value depends on changes in the independent variable. Independent and dependent variables.
|Research Question||Independent variable (s)||Dependent variable (s)|
|How well do different plant species tolerate salt water?||The amount of salt added to the plants’ water||Plant growth Plant wilting Plant survival rate|
What is the independent variable in science examples?
Time as an Example of an Independent Variable
|Question||Independent Variable (What I change)||Controlled Variables (What I keep the same)|
|How fast does a candle burn?||Time measured, in minutes||Use same type of candle for every test Wind—make sure there is none|
What are the 3 types of variables?
There are three main variables: independent variable, dependent variable and controlled variables.
What is the dependent variable in science?
The dependent variable is the variable that is being measured or tested in an experiment. For example, in a study looking at how tutoring impacts test scores, the dependent variable would be the participants’ test scores, since that is what is being measured.
What is a basic definition of a dependent?
a person who depends on or needs someone or something for aid, support, favor, etc. a child, spouse, parent, or certain other relative to whom one contributes all or a major amount of necessary financial support: She listed two dependents on her income-tax form.
What are the 3 types of dependent clauses?
What are the three types of dependent clauses?
- Adverbial Dependent Clauses.
- Relative Dependent Clauses.
- Noun Dependent Clauses.
How do you use dependent in a sentence?
Dependent in a Sentence
- Our kitten will not be placed in a new home until she is no longer dependent on her mother for milk.
- Because she was still dependent on her parents for financial help, the young woman allowed them to claim her on their tax return.
How do you explain independent and dependent variables?
Independent vs Dependent Variables An independent variable is the variable that is changed or controlled in a scientific experiment to test the effects on the dependent variable. A dependent variable is the variable being tested and measured in a scientific experiment.
What are examples of variables in research?
|Type of variable||What does the data represent?||Examples|
|Nominal variables||Groups with no rank or order between them.||Species names Colors Brands|
|Ordinal variables||Groups that are ranked in a specific order.||Finishing place in a race Rating scale responses in a survey*|
How do you remember independent and dependent variables?
Many people have trouble remembering which is the independent variable and which is the dependent variable. An easy way to remember is to insert the names of the two variables you are using in this sentence in they way that makes the most sense.
How do you identify an independent variable?
An easy way to think of independent and dependent variables is, when you’re conducting an experiment, the independent variable is what you change, and the dependent variable is what changes because of that. You can also think of the independent variable as the cause and the dependent variable as the effect.
What is a sentence for independent variable?
The independent variable of a study often has many levels or different groups. Lee identified six independent variables that predicted an increased risk for cardiac complications. The independent variables for this study were age, sex and location. The independent variable is the one that you ” choose ” to vary.