- 1 What are basic science terms?
- 2 What is the science term?
- 3 What are some scientific words?
- 4 What are 5 Science examples?
- 5 What are the two forms of science?
- 6 What are key terms?
- 7 Who is the father of science?
- 8 What word takes 3 hours to say?
- 9 Why science is called science?
- 10 What is the hardest word to say?
- 11 What are the hardest words?
- 12 What is the longest science word?
- 13 What are the 15 branches of science?
- 14 What are the 20 branches of science?
- 15 What are the 4 types of science?
What are basic science terms?
( Science: chemistry) Relating to a base; performing the office of a base in a salt. Having the base in excess, or the amount of the base atomically greater than that of the acid, or exceeding in proportion that of the related neutral salt.
What is the science term?
Scientific terminology is the part of the language that is used by scientists in the context of their professional activities. While studying nature, scientists often encounter or create new material or immaterial objects and concepts and are compelled to name them. Many of those names are known only to professionals.
What are some scientific words?
Science Vocabulary Word List
- astronomy. astrophysics. atom.
- beaker. biochemistry. biology. botany. Bunsen burner. burette.
- cell. chemical. chemistry. climate. climatologist. control.
- data. datum.
- electricity. electrochemist. element. energy. entomology. evolution.
- fact. flask. fossil. funnel.
- genetics. geology. geophysics. glassware. graduated cylinder.
- herpetology. hypothesis.
What are 5 Science examples?
This includes the departments of learning and bodies of fact in disciplines such as anthropology, archaeology, astronomy, biology, botany, chemistry, cybernetics, geography, geology, mathematics, medicine, physics, physiology, psychology, social science, sociology, and zoology. An example of science is biology.
What are the two forms of science?
Natural science can be divided into two main branches: life science and physical science. Life science is alternatively known as biology, and physical science is subdivided into branches: physics, chemistry, astronomy and Earth science.
What are key terms?
noun. a word that serves as a key, as to the meaning of another word, a sentence, passage, or the like.
Who is the father of science?
Galileo Galilei —The Father of Science.
What word takes 3 hours to say?
METHIONYLTHREONYLTHREONYGLUTAMINYLARGINYL … All told, the full chemical name for the human protein titin is 189,819 letters, and takes about three -and-a-half hours to pronounce. The problem with including chemical names is that there’s essentially no limit to how long they can be.
Why science is called science?
In English, science came from Old French, meaning knowledge, learning, application, and a corpus of human knowledge. It originally came from the Latin word scientia which meant knowledge, a knowing, expertness, or experience.
What is the hardest word to say?
The Most Difficult English Word To Pronounce
What are the hardest words?
Top 10 Hardest Words to Spell
- Pochemuchka. A Russian term used when a person asks too many questions.
- Gobbledegook. Gobbledegook is incoherent babbling in a fashion that makes no sense amounting to random words and noises to your listeners.
What is the longest science word?
Therefore, it might come as no surprise that science apparently owns the longest word ever published in a major dictionary. In 45 letters, “Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis” describes “a disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs.”
What are the 15 branches of science?
Terms in this set (14)
- Oceanology. The study of oceans.
- genetics. The study of heredity and DNA.
- Physics. The study of motion and force.
- zoology. The study of animals.
- Astronomy. The study of stars.
- Marine biology. The study of plants and animals that live in the ocean.
- botany. The study of plants.
What are the 20 branches of science?
Terms in this set (44)
- Aerodynamics. the study of the motion of gas on objects and the forces created.
- Anatomy. the study of the structure and organization of living things.
- Anthropology. the study of human cultures both past and present.
What are the 4 types of science?
There are four major branches of science; each branch is categorized in different type of subjects that covers different areas of studies such us chemistry, physics, math, astronomy etc. The four major branches of science are, Mathematics and logic, biological science, physical science and social science.