- 1 How do you make an egg drop without breaking it?
- 2 What are the best materials for an egg drop?
- 3 How do you successfully drop an egg?
- 4 How high can you drop an egg without it breaking?
- 5 What is the strongest part of an egg?
- 6 How do you make an easy egg drop project?
- 7 How do you make an egg drop with just paper?
- 8 What do you learn from egg drop experiment?
- 9 Will an egg break if dropped on grass?
- 10 Do eggs not break on grass?
- 11 Why doesn’t an egg break when dropped on a pillow?
How do you make an egg drop without breaking it?
Possibilities include balloons, popcorn, packing peanuts, wads of paper or cereal puffs. Encase the egg in any of these inside a paper or plastic bag, a sock or a stocking. If you have any bubble wrap around the house, wrapping the egg in several layers of bubble wrap should also provide a good cushion.
What are the best materials for an egg drop?
- Raw egg, or other payload that needs protecting.
- Container, like a cardboard tube, cup, box, etc.
- External protection materials, like balloons, rubber bands, craft sticks, straws, etc.
- Internal padding, like fabric, packing materials, paper, etc.
- Pen or pencil.
How do you successfully drop an egg?
- Come up with an idea of some type of container you can make to protect an egg from a high fall.
- Build your container and place the egg inside.
- Drop the egg from someplace high. (Be sure it’s safe and an adult is with you.)
- After you drop it look and see if your egg cracked or remained intact.
How high can you drop an egg without it breaking?
On August 22, 1994, David Donoghue threw an egg out of a helicopter onto a golf course in the UK, from a height of 213 meters (700 feet). He now has the record for the longest egg drop without breaking in the world (all without an outside structure for added protection!).
What is the strongest part of an egg?
The egg is strongest at the top and the bottom (or at the highest point of the arch), which is why it does not break when pressure is added to both ends. The curved form of the shell also distributes pressure evenly all over the shell rather than concentrating it at any one point.
How do you make an easy egg drop project?
Add padding such as foam, bubble wrap or packing peanuts between the egg and the side of a small plastic bag. Place the small bag into a medium-sized bag and add more padding around the small bag. Place both bags into a large plastic bag with additional padding around the medium bag.
How do you make an egg drop with just paper?
In brief, you make a funnel with the paper to hold the egg, and you use the paper straws you just made to cross through the paper funnel on top of the egg to prevent the egg jump outside the funnel during the free fall.
What do you learn from egg drop experiment?
Egg drop projects help students explore basic concepts such as gravity, force and acceleration. In an egg drop project, the specific details and rules may vary. The general idea is to have students design a container that will allow an egg to safely fall from varying heights without breaking.
Will an egg break if dropped on grass?
To do this you must hold the egg pointed end uppermost before dropping it, and make sure you drop it on grass (ie something soft) not concrete. When the egg hits the ground the forces of the impact are distributed around the shell so it does not break.
Do eggs not break on grass?
If an egg is dropped on concrete, it usually breaks. If an egg is dropped on grass, it may not break.
Why doesn’t an egg break when dropped on a pillow?
The egg dropped on the floor stops very quickly, which means the force on the egg is large, so it breaks. The egg dropped on the pillow slows down and stops more slowly since the pillow is squishy, therefore the force on the egg is smaller and the egg does not break.