- 1 What subjects are needed for computer science?
- 2 What are prerequisites for computer science?
- 3 Is computer science that hard?
- 4 Can you do computer science without maths?
- 5 Which subject is best for computer science?
- 6 How many years does it take to study computer science?
- 7 Should I major in computer science if I’m bad at math?
- 8 Is there a lot of math in computer science?
- 9 Can I major in computer science with no experience?
- 10 What is the hardest class in computer science?
- 11 What is the hardest major?
- 12 What are the hardest degrees?
- 13 Does coding require math?
- 14 Do you need chemistry for computer science?
- 15 Can you do computer science with maths literacy?
What subjects are needed for computer science?
The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Computer Science must include:
- English Language.
- Further Mathematics.
- Civic Education.
What are prerequisites for computer science?
Computer Science Prerequisites
- Math 124, 125 & 126.
- At least 5 credits of natural science, including one of the following: Biology 180, Physics 121, Chemistry 142 or 145, Any approved science course that requires Physics 121 or Chemistry 142/145 as a prerequisite.
- CSE 142 & 143;*
- Five credits of English composition.
Is computer science that hard?
Full Answer The belief that Computer Science is one of the hardest fields to learn. The answer to this question is “Yes.” Computer Science is a difficult field to study and learn for a number of reasons. Students who are weak in mathematics tend to be weak in programming and therefore weak in Computer Science.
Can you do computer science without maths?
Answer. You are not eligible for B. tech computer science if you don’t have mathematics subject because maths and physics having important role. But you can do Bsc information technology or BFA Animation.
Which subject is best for computer science?
The following courses are good for CSE students:
- Web Development.
- Mobile Application Development.
- Software Engineering.
- Systems Architect.
- Machine Learning.
- Data Engineering.
How many years does it take to study computer science?
Most programs typically require four years of full-time study, offering an introduction to major principles such as programming, operating systems, computer networks, and systems architecture. This page offers a general overview of computer science degrees, from school selection to career prospects.
Should I major in computer science if I’m bad at math?
You can be bad at it at first, but make sure you become good at it after taking your classes. It’s worth noting that math changes a lot from pre-calculus to calculus and beyond. You can get D’s in all your math classes and still graduate with a CS degree.
Is there a lot of math in computer science?
Discrete mathematics, linear algebra, number theory, and graph theory are the math courses most relevant to the computer science profession. Different corners of the profession, from machine learning to software engineering, use these types of mathematics.
Can I major in computer science with no experience?
Programming experience is NOT required for an undergraduate major in computer science. Computer science requires the ability to think clearly and analytically; we can teach you the rest and inspire you to go beyond. If you enjoy problem solving, design challenges, or mathematics, computer science may be right for you.
What is the hardest class in computer science?
Hardest Computer Science Classes
- Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Discrete Mathematics.
- Operating Systems.
- Automata Theory.
- Calculus. These are the 5 hardest computer science classes that you’ll take during your undergraduate (in no particular order). Technically, Calculus isn’t a Comp Sci class. However, it is required for most C.S. programs.
What is the hardest major?
CollegeVine’s Top 10 Hardest Majors
- Chemistry. Average GPA: 2.9.
- Chemical Engineering. Average GPA: 3.2.
- Electrical Engineering. Average GPA: 3.3.
- Physics. Average GPA: 3.1.
- Architecture. Average GPA: 3.3.
- Nursing. Average GPA: 3.2.
- Accounting. Average GPA: 3.2.
- Cellular and Molecular Biology. Average GPA: 3.2.
What are the hardest degrees?
Recap: What Is the Hardest Major in College?
|College Major||Time Spent Preparing for Class per Week|
|1. Architecture||22.20 hrs|
|2. Chemical Engineering||19.66 hrs|
|3. Aero and Astronautical Engineering||19.24 hrs|
|4. Biomedical Engineering||18.82 hrs|
Does coding require math?
Programming doesn’t require as much math as you might think. It’s far more important to understand the concepts of math that give coding its foundations. Often, you may not even be writing code that uses math. More commonly, you’ll use a library or built-in function that implements an equation or algorithm for you.
Do you need chemistry for computer science?
Computer Science does not need chemistry apart from in the manufacture of computer hardware. So: Integrated circuit manufacture: Group 3, 4 and 4 Chemistry plus halogen Chemistry. Computer display screen: phosphor or liquid crystal Chemistry.
Can you do computer science with maths literacy?
Maths or Maths Literacy is compulsory with complementary subjects such as Physical Science, Information Technology and Computer Application Technology (CAT) are important for this area. For computer animation, Visual Arts and Design are highly recommended.