- 1 What is molecular in science?
- 2 What is molecular science and technology?
- 3 What is a molecular chemist?
- 4 Who is the father of molecular biology?
- 5 What are the two types of molecules?
- 6 Can a chemist make drugs?
- 7 Is chemist a scientist?
- 8 What are 3 examples of molecules?
- 9 Who proposed the word molecular biology?
- 10 What is the difference between genetics and molecular biology?
- 11 Who discovered DNA?
What is molecular in science?
Molecule, a group of two or more atoms that form the smallest identifiable unit into which a pure substance can be divided and still retain the composition and chemical properties of that substance. Several methods of representing a molecule’s structure.
What is molecular science and technology?
They are developing new technologies in the fields of energy, water and health. The basis of all their research is knowledge about how molecules react with each other and how we can influence their structure and properties.
What is a molecular chemist?
Molecular Chemistry is a creative science, where chemists synthesize molecules with new biological or physical properties to address scientific or societal challenges. Think of new catalytic conversions, lead compounds for future medicines or the next generation of conducting polymers.
Who is the father of molecular biology?
Max Perutz, Father of Molecular Biology, Dies at 87.
What are the two types of molecules?
TYPES OF MOLECULES
- Diatomic Molecules — A diatomic atom is composed of only two atoms, of the same or different chemical elements.
- Heteronuclear Diatomic Molecules — A heteronuclear diatomic molecule consists of two of atoms of the same element combined.
- OXYGEN MOLECULE.
- CARBON MONOXIDE MOLECULE (CO)
Can a chemist make drugs?
In the pharmaceutical industry chemists develop drugs and study their properties in order to determine the quality and stability of medicines. Some chemists even work in forensic science to establish evidence in criminal investigations.
Is chemist a scientist?
A chemist is a scientist who researches chemical substances, performs experiments with the properties of chemical substances, measures the effects of chemical compounds in various situations, and studies inter-chemical reactions.
What are 3 examples of molecules?
Here are examples of common molecules:
- H2O ( water )
- N2 (nitrogen)
- O3 (ozone)
- CaO (calcium oxide)
- C6H12O6 ( glucose, a type of sugar )
- NaCl (table salt)
Who proposed the word molecular biology?
Recognizing quite early the importance of these new physical and structural chemical approaches to biology, Warren Weaver, then the director of the Natural Sciences section of the Rockefeller Foundation, introduced the term “molecular biology” in a 1938 report to the Foundation.
What is the difference between genetics and molecular biology?
Genetics deals with genes, genetic variation, gene mutation, and heredity; with a heavy focus on “trait inheritance’. The science of genetics is important because many of the diseases have their roots in gene mutations or polymorphisms. Molecular biology allows the study of gene functions, mutations, and polymorphisms.
Who discovered DNA?
What did the duo actually discover? Many people believe that American biologist James Watson and English physicist Francis Crick discovered DNA in the 1950s. In reality, this is not the case. Rather, DNA was first identified in the late 1860s by Swiss chemist Friedrich Miescher.