- 1 Which kind of thermometer is most accurate?
- 2 What is the best thermometer for home use?
- 3 What is a science thermometer?
- 4 Which thermometer is commonly used in experiments at school?
- 5 What is the best thermometer for home use UK?
- 6 Which thermometer is best mercury or digital?
- 7 Can a smartphone be used as a thermometer?
- 8 How reliable are forehead thermometers?
- 9 What no touch thermometer do hospitals use?
- 10 Who invented the doctor’s thermometer?
- 11 What are the 4 types of thermometer?
- 12 Who uses thermometer?
- 13 How much is the normal body temperature?
- 14 How many types of thermometer are there in class 7?
- 15 What is thermometer short answer?
Which kind of thermometer is most accurate?
Rectal thermometers, which go into your rear end, are the most accurate, but they can be uncomfortable. Armpit, ear, and forehead thermometers aren’t as accurate. Most doctors think an oral thermometer, which you hold under your tongue, is best.
What is the best thermometer for home use?
The best thermometers you can buy
- iProven DMT-489. Best thermometer overall.
- Innovo Forehead and Ear. Another top dual-mode thermometer.
- Vicks ComfortFlex. Best thermometer for infants.
- Chooseen Digital Forehead and Ear Thermometer.
- Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer.
- Kinsa QuickCare.
- Elepho eTherm.
- Braun ThermoScan 7.
What is a science thermometer?
A thermometer is an instrument that measures temperature. It can measure the temperature of a solid such as food, a liquid such as water, or a gas such as air. However, even in these countries, scientists use the Celsius or kelvin scale to measure temperature.
Which thermometer is commonly used in experiments at school?
Infrared thermometers measure temperature from a distance, using the infrared radiation emitted by all objects. These so-called non-contact thermometers make a wide variety of temperature measurement and monitoring activities accessible to school -age students.
What is the best thermometer for home use UK?
- iProven Digital Medical Thermometer.
- Miniland Thermo Kit.
- Braun Age Precision Digital Stick Thermometer.
- Jumper 4-in-1 Professional Precision Digital Thermometer.
- Braun 2-in-1 No Touch + Touch Forehead Thermometer.
- LPOW No Touch Infrared Forehead Thermometer.
- Withings Thermo Smart Temporal Thermometer.
Which thermometer is best mercury or digital?
1. Digital thermometers provide faster results. Digital thermometers provide fast results as opposed to mercury thermometers whose readings are slower to realize because you have to wait for the mercury to heat and then slowly rise to display the temperature.
Can a smartphone be used as a thermometer?
With the right app, your Android smartphone or tablet can function as a thermometer using your device’s built-in temperature sensor. However, even if your mobile device is not equipped with a temperature sensor, there is still a way to get a decent temperature reading for the surrounding air.
How reliable are forehead thermometers?
New research shows that forehead temps may also be accurate under 3 months of age. Age 3 months to 4 years old. Rectal or forehead temps are accurate. An ear thermometer can be used after 6 months old.
What no touch thermometer do hospitals use?
The Hospital Grade No Contact Thermometer – Hammacher Schlemmer. This is the infrared thermometer used by hospitals for its convenient and hygienic operationthat provides an accurate temperature reading in only one second without touching the patient.
Who invented the doctor’s thermometer?
The first real medical thermometer was invented by Sir Thomas Allbut in 1867. It was six inches long and took about five minutes to take a person’s temperature.
What are the 4 types of thermometer?
What are the different types of thermometer?
- Digital thermometers. Digital thermometers are regarded as the fastest and most accurate type of thermometer.
- Electronic ear thermometers.
- Forehead thermometers.
- Plastic strip thermometers.
- Pacifier thermometer.
- Glass and mercury thermometers.
Who uses thermometer?
Meteorologists use thermometers to find out how hot it is or if it’s below freezing. Doctors use thermometers to check your body temperature — a very high or low body temperature means you’re sick.
How much is the normal body temperature?
Among adults, the average body temperature ranges from 97°F (36.1°C) to 99°F (37.2°C). Adults over age 65. In older adults, the average body temperature is lower than 98.6°F (37°C).
How many types of thermometer are there in class 7?
There are three units which are used to measure the temperature: Degree Celsius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin.
What is thermometer short answer?
A thermometer is an instrument for measuring or showing temperature (how hot or cold something is). One type of thermometer is a narrow, concealed glass tube containing mercury or alcohol which extends along the tube as it expands. Another type is a digital thermometer, which uses electronics to measure temperature.