- 1 What is the definition of focus?
- 2 What is the meaning of focusing in biology?
- 3 What is an example of focus?
- 4 What does focus on mean?
- 5 How do you describe a focused person?
- 6 How do you focus?
- 7 What is another word for focusing?
- 8 Is it focussing or focusing?
- 9 What is the importance of focus?
- 10 How do you use the word focus?
- 11 What are focus words?
- 12 What is the definition of principal focus?
- 13 What does it mean to be out of focus?
What is the definition of focus?
1: a point at which rays (as of light, heat, or sound) meet after being reflected or bent: the point at which an image is formed. 2: the distance from a lens or mirror to a focus.
What is the meaning of focusing in biology?
1. focusing – the concentration of attention or energy on something; “the focus of activity shifted to molecular biology “; “he had no direction in his life” centering, focus, focussing, focal point, direction. engrossment, immersion, absorption, concentration – complete attention; intense mental effort.
What is an example of focus?
An example of focus is to put all of one’s energy into a science project. An example of focus is to adjust a microscope to better see a specimen.
What does focus on mean?
/ˈfəʊkəs/ to give most of your attention to someone or something: Try to focus on the most important facts.
How do you describe a focused person?
Really focused people always have some sort of plan to follow. They have a clear picture of where they’re going and a reasonable idea of how to get there. Set up a structured path for your objective. It doesn’t have to be elaborate.
How do you focus?
If you need help staying focused, try one — or all 10 — of these tips.
- Get rid of distractions. First things first: You need to eliminate distractions.
- Coffee in small doses.
- Practice the Pomodoro technique.
- Put a lock on social media.
- Fuel your body.
- Get enough sleep.
- Set a SMART goal.
- Be more mindful.
What is another word for focusing?
In this page you can discover 73 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for focus, like: concentrate, fix on, sharpen, center-of-attention, locus, buckle down, direct, bring into focus, center, emphasis and core.
Is it focussing or focusing?
‘ Focused ‘ and ‘ focussed ‘ are two spellings of the same word: Focused (one ‘s’) is the standard spelling of this term in modern English. Focussed (with a double ‘s’) is a rare variant spelling, although it is more common in British and Australian English than it is in American English.
What is the importance of focus?
Focus is so important because it is the gateway to all thinking: perception, memory, learning, reasoning, problem solving, and decision making. Without good focus, all aspects of your ability to think will suffer.
How do you use the word focus?
Focus sentence example
- She shook her head, her focus back on Alex.
- Carmen tried to focus on Felipa, but her mind was full of questions.
- He forced himself to focus on something else.
- She cleared her throat, forcing herself to focus on his dark eyes.
- Go see her, keep an open mind, and focus on what is important.
What are focus words?
A focus word is simply the most important word within a thought group. The most important word within a sentence will change depending on the context that the statement is made in and who is speaking.
What is the definition of principal focus?
Focus is the point where light rays originating from a point on the object converge. The principal focus is defined as the point where a beam parallel to the principal axis appears to diverge converges from a point on the principal axis after passing through the lens.
What does it mean to be out of focus?
phrase. If an image or a camera, telescope, or other instrument is out of focus, the edges of what you see are unclear. In some of the pictures the subjects are out of focus while the background is sharp. Synonyms: blurred, obscure, unclear, fuzzy More Synonyms of out-of-focus.