- 1 Where is the Citation Index in Web of Science?
- 2 Where are highly cited papers Web of Science?
- 3 Is Web of Science same as SCI?
- 4 Is Web of Science a journal?
- 5 What’s a good h index?
- 6 What is a good number of citations?
- 7 How do I find highly cited papers?
- 8 What is the most cited paper?
- 9 How do you find the impact factor for Web of Science?
- 10 Which is better Scopus or SCI?
- 11 How do I register for Web of Science?
- 12 Which is better Scopus or Web of Science?
- 13 Is Web of Science a database?
- 14 How do I know if a journal is indexed in Web of Science?
- 15 What journals are in Web of Science?
Where is the Citation Index in Web of Science?
Web of Science
- Enter the name of the author in the top search box (e.g. Smith JT). Select Author from the drop-down menu on the right.
- Click on Search.
- Click on Citation Report on the right hand corner of the results page. The H- index is on the right of the screen.
Where are highly cited papers Web of Science?
Finding Your Top Papers in Web of Science Core Collection Click on the ESI Top Papers refine option in the left hand panel (toward the bottom of the panel) to open it. If you have Hot and/or Highly Cited Papers in your author set of results, you’ll see the option to refine to those top papers here.
Is Web of Science same as SCI?
Web of Science: Science Citation Index Expanded. Created as SCI in 1964, Science Citation Index Expanded™ now indexes over 9,200 of the world’s most impactful journals across 178 scientific disciplines.
Is Web of Science a journal?
What is Web of Science Core Collection? It is a curated collection of over 21,000 peer-reviewed, high-quality scholarly journals published worldwide (including Open Access journals ) in over 250 science, social sciences, and humanities disciplines. Conference proceedings and book data are also available.
What’s a good h index?
H – index scores between 3 and 5 seem common for new assistant professors, scores between 8 and 12 fairly standard for promotion to the position of tenured associate professor, and scores between 15 and 20 about right for becoming a full professor.
What is a good number of citations?
With 10 or more citations, your work is now in the top 24% of the most cited work worldwide; this increased to the top 1.8% as you reach 100 or more citations. Main take home message: the average citation per manuscript is clearly below 10!
How do I find highly cited papers?
Find the Most Highly Cited Papers for a Journal On the results page, change the “Sort by” box (upper right of the list) to “Times Cited -Highest to Lowest”; the articles that then appear at the top of the list are the journal’s most cited.
What is the most cited paper?
Most – cited papers The most – cited paper of all time is a paper by Oliver Lowry describing an assay to measure the concentration of proteins. By 2014 it had accumulated more than 305,000 citations.
How do you find the impact factor for Web of Science?
Using Web of Science to Find a Journal’s Impact and Rank
- Search Web of Science for the journal’s title (called Publication Name)
- Select any article for that journal. Click the article title to open the record.
- Click on View Journal Impact.
- You will see a summary of information about your selected journal.
Which is better Scopus or SCI?
The citation rates (CPP) of each of the articles identified were found to be higher for all years in the SCI database than in SCOPUS. The articles in the analysis on the same topic had a citation rate of 12 citations per article in SCI, and only 8 citations per article in SCOPUS.
How do I register for Web of Science?
Web of Science: Register an email
- Click Register from the Sign In menu that appear at the top of the page.
- On the Registration form, enter your e-mail address in the E-mail Address and Retype E-mail Address fields.
- Click Continue.
- A verification message will be sent to the email address you entered.
Which is better Scopus or Web of Science?
The Web of Science Core Collection is probably the single most authoritative source. Scopus is a very useful alternative for measuring the citation impact of articles, journals and authors. Scopus has a larger dataset, so more articles, journals and conference papers will have metrics.
Is Web of Science a database?
Web of Science (previously known as Web of Knowledge) is a website that provides subscription-based access to multiple databases that provide comprehensive citation data for many different academic disciplines.
How do I know if a journal is indexed in Web of Science?
To check if your manuscript is indexed in the ISI Web of Science, you can log on to the following url http://mjl.clarivate.com/. Once you log in you can simply search by the full journal name or the ISSN number. The search result will show if your target journal is indexed in SCI, SCI-E, or ESCI.
What journals are in Web of Science?
Subject specialized and regional indexes:
- Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews.
- CABI: CAB Abstracts and Global Health.
- FSTA—the food science resource.
- KCI—Korean Journal Database.
- Zoological Record.